5.06.2010

Pieces of Psalm 18 I like.

I will love You, O LORD, my
strength.
The Lord is my rock and my
fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I
will trust;
My shield and the horn of my
salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the LORD, who is
worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my
enemies.

The LORD thundered from
heaven.
And the Most High uttered His
vice,
Hailstones and coals of fire.
He sent out His arrows and
scattered the foe,
Lightnings in abundance, and He
vanquished them.

Then the channels of the sea
were seen,
The foundations of the world
were uncovered.
At Your rebuke, O LORD,
At the blast of the breath of Your
nostrils.

He sent from above, He took me;
He drew me out of many waters.
He delivered me from my strong
enemy,
From those who hated me,
For they were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day
of my calamity.
But the LORD was my support.
He also brought me out into a
broad place;
He delivered me because He
delighted in me.

With the merciful You will show
Yourself merciful;
WIth a blameless man You will
show Yourself blameless;
With the pure You will show
Yourself pure;
And with the devious You will
show Yourself shrewd.
For you will save the humble
people,
But will bring down haughty
looks.

For You will light my lamp;
The LORD my God will enlighten
my darkness.
For by You I can run against a
troop,
By my God I can leap over a wall.
As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the LORD is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in
Him.

For who is God, except the LORD?
And who is a rock, except our
God?
It is God who arms me with
strength,
And makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet
of deer,
And sets me on my high places.
He teaches my hands to make
war,
So that my arms can bend a bow
of bronze.

You have also given me the
shield of Your salvation;
Your right hand has held me up,
Your gentleness has made me
great.
You enlarged my path under me,
So my feet did not slip.

*

This has been the Psalm I rolled in and out of bed to this week. I think it will be written on my heart for the rest of this awkward time in between college and "the next step". Where does your strength come from, little bird?
It's been a strength-testing week, intellectually so.
But how empowering! How like Him to do these things for His beloved ones!

No comments: